The Professional Editors Network is a nonprofit association of editors, writers, proofreaders, indexers, translators, and other publishing professionals. For members, we provide opportunities to develop and share knowledge, exchange job leads, market services, and grow professionally. For those looking to hire, our searchable member directory is an easy way to find the right editorial professional. We are based in Minneapolis but have members located throughout the United States and beyond.
PEN offers free professional development events monthly from September through May as well occasional one-off events, such as special workshops. We normally meet at locations throughout the Twin Cities, but for the 2020–2021 season, we’re fully virtual, so you can attend without leaving home. Anyone is welcome to attend up to two free monthly meetings before joining as a member.
In addition to unlimited attendance at meetings and a library of recordings and reference material from past events, membership gets you:
- A listing in PEN’s online directory
- Free or discounted registration for workshops and other special offerings
- A 30% discount on PerfectIt editing software
- A subscription to our members-only email newsletter and access to past issues
- Access to our members-only email discussion list, where you can reach out with questions about writing and editing, post or discover job leads, and more
- Access to PEN’s mentorship program
- Options to promote yourself and your work through PEN social media
Enter our Twin Cities Book Festival giveaway for your chance to win a free year of membership!